Sunday, April 30, 2006

Eve

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm in bed. My spirits are high but my stomach hurts. This morning blew me away. I'm so glad I was actually in town and able to go to church. God, Justin, and Harry did a little triple team action on my heart. Driving home I was thinking about Eve, mostly because of the cramps I was experiencing but isn't it crazy how us ladies get a monthly reminder of the fall. I really do think of the cramps we get as training contractions. One day when we have babies it'll be a bit more bearable because we've had small deposits of pain every month since puberty. If you think about menstration that way it's beautiful. In order to bring life into the world you've gotta bleed. Whoa, women carry around in themselves a picture of Christ. This side of the fall blood and pain are necessary for physical life and spiritual life.

2 comments:

Kathryn Turner said...

RJ - i love that you talked about periods. Amazing - or - unbelievable - haven't figured it out yet! Love you.

jeff said...

Hats off to you women!! Men struggle with the futility of work!