Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's A Beautiful Day

Man, the weather is so beautiful today. I'm loving it. I've been thinking alot about living in reality lately. Donald Miller says something like - Reality is a fine wine, it can only be enjoyed by adults. I think that's really true. It's really easy for me to blame my problems on present situations, and the things other people have done when really circumstances only reveal what's in my heart. I'm learning to be real with myself about my sin and what's really going on. So... my room is dirty because I haven't been faithful to put things where they belong, I get discouraged easily because I haven't been faithful to hide the truth in my heart and use it to fight my crazy thoughts, I feel awkward with people sometimes because I'm focused on my own comfort and not on loving the person I'm talking to, I've gained some weight because I've been running to food and not the Lord to make me feel better... and the list goes on. I can look my failures in the face and still be hopeful because God sees me as perfect in Christ. I can't fix myself but I can fix my eyes on Christ and ask Him to change my heart everytime I'm tempted to despair or stray from Him. Lord help me to love You, I mean to really heart and soul and body love You. I'm sick of just saying empty words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And He said to me 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

You might have mentioned this verse the other day, but I know that it helps me when I'm struggling with the things we seem to struggle with so often. The strength of Christ is perfected in our weakness. Amazing! I love you and am praying for you always, Renee!

Brian said...

Martin Luther once said "When the devil looks you in the face and calls you a sinner, look him right back and say "I Know I'm a sinner, What of it?""

The verse Asthon mentioned is amazing, and so applicable daily to our days of struggle (life). Just remember not to dwell on you're sin and your incapabilities to do things (our lives until glory), but forgetting whats behind we need to strain forward to what lies ahead, pressing on towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Phil.3:13-14.

This thought often helps me as well, because I (we) am (are) so often self-centered on my "sufferings". But we need to realize 1. Christ has taken them, and 2. our sufferings and burdens are for our good AND others.
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too." 2 Corinthians 1:3-5