Thursday, April 13, 2006

I went running yesterday and today I feel so good. I need to remember this feeling when I don't feel like running. The toilets and tub in my bathroom are stopped up. I tried to unstop the tub with the plunger in my bathroom and it didn't really help but it did pull up a giant hairball. I really need to take a shower but since there's still standing water in my tub and I put that really gross plunger in it, I just can't bring myself to get in there. I don't know what I'm going to do, I'm gonna write on my blog. I don't know if this happens to you but just about every morning this week while I've been reading my Bible I've just about fallen asleep. I hate that, I want to know the Word and hunger and thirst after it. I'm going home this weekend and I'm really excited. I get to see my parents and maybe my siblings. My brother Jason lives in Orlando so I don't get to see him that much. My sister lives in Atlanta and she has just recently gone through a really hard time. One of her close friends just died of cancer. It was crazy, Kevin was in his early 30's and he just got really sick. He was a college professor and he wanted to keep working until he couldn't work anymore. All of his family lives up north so my sister took care of him after work and on the weekends. She was with him when he died two weeks ago. My sister and I aren't super close because of alot of things that have happened in the past but I really do respect her alot. She has been taking care of him consistently for about two years, doing his laundry, cooking for him, helping him make a will, taking him to the store, taking him to doctor's appointments, and doing anything that needed to be done around his house. I couldn't have done it. She's got lots of faults but she really does try to love people in anyway that she can, and I think she's alot stronger than I give her credit for. These next few weeks we're supposed to be doing our best to recruit to SBP, I don't feel like I'm doing a very good job of being persuasive. I really need to be less focused on the quality of my performance and more focused on Christ and where He is leading me. I'm weak but I'm willing. I've been thinking alot about development lately. I think it'd be cool to help the impoverished learn a trade and teach them to be able to support their families, and through all that bring them the gospel. There is a government housing community just down the street from me- How can I help those people? Hmm...I need to think more about all this. Well, I gotta go check and see if the pee infected water in my tub has gone down yet.

2 comments:

alisa said...

hurray for steve tate the plumber!

Amanda said...

Ah, Steve Tate. A miracle worker in the world of toilets and tubs. God bless you, Steve Tate.

Renee ... I love you like a fat kid love cake. That's all I have to say.