Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds. Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God?
(Psa 77:11-13)

Things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:
1. A full belly and the $75 in my checking account
2. That God allowed me to find my purse when I lost it last week in downtown Philly
3. Chai tea lattes, pumpkin flavored anything and banana chips
4. That Jesus died to save screwups and sinners like me
5. My imperfect but perfectly lovable family- Mom, Dad, Jason & Chaunene
6. Good Music: Tired of My Tears- Susan Tedeschi (check it out)
7. The rain that the Lord sent last night (we really need it here in GA)
8. Where I am in life- working for Campus Outreach in Montevallo, single
9. The fact that I won't always be here
10. The promise that, " He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also along with Him graciously give us all things." (God promises to provide, why am I always so scared?)
11. The hope of a better world and a God that longs to employ me in His work of redemption
12. My mom's potato salad
13. Old Friends who love and understand me- Kathryn, Sara, Angel & Nick, Anna & BJ
14. Anna & BJ's baby that we'll all get to meet in a few months
15. The uncertainty and confusion that drive me to trust in Jesus

No comments: