Saturday, November 11, 2006

Well, it's Saturday and I'm laying in bed eating an apple and some hummus I made from an instant pack. It comes in a dry powdery form and you are supposed to mix it with warm water and olive oil, which I did but it still tastes powdery. I added cayenne pepper and sour cream to see if I could mask the powder but it didn't help. I gotta learn how to make that stuff from scratch. I spent the night last night with a good friend. Our relationship has been pretty rocky the last couple of months and yesterday we just got all our crap out on the table. It was so good. here is so much freedom in confessing the crap you've been thinking and feeling toward one another. I'm learning so much about what it means to love people and be committed to them. In relationships of every kind, dissapointment is inevitable. I can either push people away when they don't live up to my expectations and live a lonely, solitary life. Or I can be honest with myself about my own failures and see that demanding perfection from anyone is insane. All that to say Friday night was so good- I can see why Satan doen't want us to be friends.

1 comment:

Kathryn Turner said...

RJ - you should just buy hummus...it is much better that way...i didn't know you could buy it in an instant pack form! i guess we still learn something daily! Hey - i get to see you over thanksgiving...YES!!!