Sunday, January 07, 2007

Discipline

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
(Heb 12:11)

For a long time its been a dirty word in my vocabulary. But it's my word for the year and I feel like God is moving me to make changes in so many areas in my life. Support, finances, eating, I'm just learning that if you want to do things the right way, it's not going to be easy. It's like I have a choice to make I can either have it easy now and hard later or hard now and easy later. It's easy to eat whatever I want to eat everyday and sit around on the couch, but when I gain 30 lbs it's going to be hard to look at my body in the mirror and it'll be hard to lose and keep off when I've made indulgence a habit. My parent's let me borrow these Dave Ramsey- Financial Peace University cd's, and they are amazing! If you need to learn to save or invest your money I highly recommend them. I've really hated goal setting for the longest time but I think the reason I've hated it is because if I make a goal and don't meet it, I feel like a failure. It's just fear but if I'd never set out to run a marathon last year I would've never run the half-marathon. Baby stepping it!

1 comment:

April Barber said...

Just found your blog through another friends link...which I am very excited about so that I can keep up with you now after I move (this Friday)! I agree...hard choices now pay off later...