Saturday, October 28, 2006

All the right reasons

I'm back in the living room, and I'm sprawled out on the couch in my sweatpants listening to the new John Mayer cd. I love it, its kind of jazzy but I love jazzy. If you don't want to get the whole album check out: The Heart of Life, Stop this Train and Bold as Love (Jimi Hendrix cover). Bold As Love, I like the sound of that. I'm supposed to be writing my weekly report right now but my brain is fried so I'm emptying it here on my blog before I proceed. There's this question on the report that I hate to answer- What's been motivating you in ministry this week? I never have good answers. I always have to say ugly things like fear and ambition with a little love mixed in. My heartbeat is fear. Fear keeps me working ridiculously long hours. It makes me ignore things I feel like I can't deal with. It shuts my mouth and averts my eyes when I really want to connect with someone.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
(1Jo 4:18)

I haven't been perfected in love but I want to be. Christ's love was bold. He died naked in the face of the jeers and the spit of the people he came to save. He loves me eventhough I can't imagine how His love can be stronger than romantic love. He's bold, He's bold as love. “Love is as hard as nails, it is nails”- C.S. Lewis

No comments: