Friday, August 11, 2006

Confessions of a Cornbread Junkie

I'm back from 9 days of Return Training + Staff Fellowship. Steph dropped me off in Montevallo around 3 or 4pm today, so I've been washing clothes, and hanging out on the couch eating cornbread and drinking milk. I really may be addicted to cornbread. Short-term additction is becoming an odd pattern in my life. For some reason I just get fixated on something and I just can't get enough. Right now its that cheap Jiffy goodness. I mean you can't beat it. If you've got 50 cents, an egg and 1/3 cup of milk you too can enjoy sweet satisfying taste of cornbread muffins. Unfortunately, the ones I made tonight were a little dry because I left them in the oven 3 minutes too long, but its alright. Return training and staff fellowship went really well. I've still got alot of work to do before the semester starts but at least now I've got some direction and vision. I got a new digital camera last month so I'm going to show you a few of my favorite pics from the summer.
These are some of the coolest girls that live in Montevallo, Alabama.
Nikki and Steph in the grocery store as we attempted to plan and cook dinner for 10.
I love Ginny and Amy Barrett! I took this pic on a Sunday afternoon while I was having fun and exploring the Homewood buisness district. I love the color scheme in O'Carrs, I can't wait to eat there if I'm ever in the area when they're open.

3 comments:

alisa said...

if you want it, i have some jiffy cornbread mix in one of the kitchen cabinets. i wanted to use it once but i was missing the egg. so it's there for your happiness.

Amanda said...

Cornbread is one of the best foods on the planet. Especially the Jiffy kind.

When it gets cold outside, you're coming over to my apartment for some chili and cornbread muffins.

Ginny said...

eat at o'carr's and i will join. they have the yummiest chicken salad and cheesecake.