Monday, December 05, 2005

Fork in the Road?

There's this Jim Elliot quote that says something like: I want to be a fork in the road where people are forced to make a decision either for Christ or against Him. I know I botched it up but you get the general idea. Well, I really want to be that kind of a person but I'm just not. I get opportunitites to share the gospel with students just about everyday and I share the gospel alot but I don't know how to bring anyone to a point of decision. I've never led anyone to Christ. I can tell girls what I believe but just about every girl I talk to tells me she's a Christian eventhough so many times I suspect that they're not. I shared my concerns with my boss in my weekly report and he sent me this little quote, "What do you do with a doctor who says the right things when you are with them but never prescribes any medicine?" Crap. Lord help me to do your gospel justice by doing what I can to point out people's need for You. This is where it gets offensive Lord so give me boldness not only to share truth but to help people figure out where they are in the process of salvation. Cause me to believe in your love for me through Christ despite my continued failures and shortcomings.

1 comment:

alisa said...

"let me not be a milepost on a single road; make me a fork that men must turn one way or the next on facing Christ in me."

now you can add it to your quotes folder.