Thursday, March 09, 2006

Desire

It's been a good night but a hard night. I'm laying in bed listening to this Ray LaMontagne song called Shelter. If you have a minute please go to his website and check it out, it's like butter. Man, good music stirs up some serious desire in me. There's all this feeling and emotion (which I love because I'm a woman), sometimes I wish I could just make a home right there in the melody. I was reading my old friend Jeb's blog tonight and he was talking about just trying to figure out what he wants out of life and what he really believes. He talked alot about having some kind of ache that he couldn't pinpoint, something that was always just out of reach. I loved it. Regardless of your job or location I've gotta believe that if you're in your early 20's you can relate to that. It's shocking finally enter the monotonous world and see so many people living without passion. I think life should be like dancing barefoot in a field with your arms wide open while the sun sets behind you, but sometimes it's more like rushing to eat Burger King at red light in your car on a freezing day when your heater refuses to work. I don't want to just exist. I want to live hard and take crazy risks and feel the freedom to fall on my face.

2 comments:

jeff said...

Thats beautiful Renee, I feel the same way. Though I tend to be reserved my heart aches to dance barefooted. I really enjoyed this post.

Amanda said...

I am giving Ray Ray a chance ... I ordered his cd yesterday!

And I feel ya on the passion thing. Unfortunately, life is too depressing and boring sometimes, and you just can't see past all of the crap that lingers in front of your face to the bigger picture. Dancing becomes harder and harder to do.